Primary and Nursery School
Beaford, Winkleigh, Devon EX19 8LJ
Lorraine Dunn, our Parent Support Adviser is someone who works locally providing confidential support and advice to parents/carers of children who go to school within the Torrington Local Learning Community.
• A PSA can help parents and carers to get the best for their child at home, school and in the community.
• A PSA can help to direct parents/ carers to access further support and help parents/carers to get answers to their parenting questions.
• A PSA can help parents/carers realise/understand that parenting can be difficult at times, but they are not on their own and there is support.
• maintaining positive links with schools
• offering advice on transition stages
• signposting to other services and help
• taking part in parenting courses and access to other education needs
• helping and advising with behaviour, attendance and bullying issues.
In summary the PSA can offer parents and carers of children in Torrington based schools ongoing advice and support to parenting. They will listen to parents/carers needs and provide one to one confidential advice or support in group sessions.
Tel: 07966388061 Email: email@example.com